Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Driving licenses and fitness to drive
- You must hold a current and valid driving licence which must be produced on your first driving lesson, and at regular intervals throughout your training. Any changes to your driving licence due to medical conditions or driving convictions must be notified to your driving instructor immediately.
- Please ensure that you present yourself in suitable clothing, particularly practical footwear. It is also important to attend lessons with any appropriate glasses or contact lenses (if you need to wear them) for reasons of road safety.
- It is very important to ensure that you are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs whilst undertaking driving lessons/test. Please ensure you check that you are OK to drive if you are on any medication.
- If the instructor finds that you are unfit to drive for failing to meet any of these conditions, the lesson will be cancelled at your expense.
Price and Payment
- Lesson payments must be made at the beginning of each lesson in cash.
- Block bookings must be paid for in full on the first lesson of that block.
- Refunds: If refund ( will only be made in exceptional circumstances ) is given, you will be charged our normal hourly rates for lessons already taken and for lessons cancelled without 24 hours notice within the offer and your refund will be calculated accordingly.
- If you suspend taking your driving lessons within a block of prepaid lessons for a period of 3 months or more, then any remaining lessons will be forfeited.
- Discounted block booking need to be used within 6 months period of 1st lesson.
- Any increase in the price of lessons will be by notification in writing at least seven days in advance. Any prepaid lessons will not increase in price until the full amount of the prepayment has been used.
- Your driving instructor can book your "driving theory test" or "driving practical test" for you. Fee for booking these tests must be paid in advance and instructor may charge you administration fee for his time.
- Cancellations require at least 24 hours notice, failure to give notice may result in the full tuition fee being charged.
- The instructor cannot be held responsible for any mechanical or electrical failure which may cause the prevention or termination of a lesson or driving test. If the weather is too severe to take a lesson the instructor can re-arrange your lesson. The decision will be made considering your ability and any advice given by motoring organisations. If you decide to cancel at short notice due to weather and the conditions are suitable to drive, the lesson will be chargeable.
- Your driving lesson will be on a one to one basis.
- If you would like a parent or friend to come along on your lesson then that can be arranged with prior arrangement.
- The instructor will be happy to start and finish your lesson from different locations, providing these are agreed at least one week in advance, and that both are within the usual area of my work.
- Whenever you are driving in the school vehicle, you will be under close supervision. However, Triangle School of Motoring cannot be held responsible for any infringement of the law. Any fines that are incurred will be the responsibility of the driver, for example speeding tickets.
- The instructor will contact you if he/she will be late more than 10-15 minutes for your driving lesson. The time lost will be added to the end of the lesson if possible, or added to another lesson at a later date. If you are late for your lesson, then that time will be lost.
Practical Driving tests
- We will discuss booking your Driving Test when you are ready to take it. Please consult with the instructor before booking to ensure they are available on the day/time you have in mind.
- The instructor will make every effort to help you reach a good standard of driving that will enable you to pass your driving test, and you must try to maintain regular lessons leading up to your test otherwise your test date might have to be moved back to give you more time to prepare. The only way to pass the driving test is to be properly prepared. In the interest of road safety the instructor reserves the right to withdraw the use of the car for tests without prior notice, should you prove to be unsafe and not up to test standard.
- The cost of the hire of the school vehicle will be agreed in advance. While your instructor will make every effort to ensure that the vehicle supplied for test will be fully road worthy and comply with all legal requirements at the start of the test, he/she cannot be held responsible for vehicle failure that occurs during the test and is not liable for consequential loss.
- Your instructor cannot be held responsible for test appointments cancelled by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency ( DVSA ) due to bad weather, sickness, staff shortages or providing incorrect driving test details to the instructor or other reasons. Such cancellations are beyond the control of your instructor and therefore the lesson fee and 'use of car' fee for the booked period will be charged. Your instructor will advise about claiming compensation from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency ( DVSA ).
By taking driving lessons with Triangle School of Motoring it is accepted that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
- On occasion, your instructor will need to defer lessons to allow for practical driving test appointments. An alternative lesson will usually be agreed with plenty of notice but this should not be less than 24 hours. In the case of illness or unexpected mechanical problems, your instructor will let you know 24 hours before if it is possible, but otherwise, as soon as possible. Any prepaid lessons will be carried over to an agreed date.
- You (Not the Examiner) are responsible for the school/instructor vehicle while you are taking your practical driving test. In the unlikely event of a road traffic accident you would be liable for any insurance excess (up to £250).
- The school will comply with the data protection act 1998 at all times and will not pass on the clients details to any third party without the clients written consent.
- Photographs taken of you with your consent are the property of Triangle School of Motoring may be used in advertising campaign.
- We reserve the right to change or alter any of the terms and conditions without notice, but will endeavour to inform pupils of any changes as soon as possible.