Covid-19 - Steps To Ensure Your Safety
Safety is our priority therefore we have to take number of steps to ensure everyone is safe.
Face coverings are to be worn by both instructor and student.
Before every lesson...
Before/after each lesson/test the car will be cleaned, including:
- Door handles - grab handles - window controls - door mirror controls
- Seats and seat adjustment controls - seatbelt - buckle and clasp
- Steering wheel - steering wheel adjuster - indicator and wiper stalks - horn
- Gear lever - hand/parking brake and the interior mirror
- Bonnet catch (internal and external)
- Other controls such as Sat Nav - ventilation - window demister
- Car keys
Pupils responsibility before each lesson...
You will be required to stand two metres away and confirm the following questions about your health:
- Symptoms of Covid-19 - have you had it, been tested for it, and had results of the test?
- Shielding - are you in a household of family members that are in the enhanced risk health categories?
- Any health issues which may impact your ability to drive?
- Do you have a continuous cough?
- Do you have a fever or high temperature?
- You will be required to wash your hands thoroughly before leaving the house and entering the car.
- You can wear gloves but these should be put on just before you enter the vehicle. ( Good hand hygiene is better than gloves)
- You will be asked to wear a mask. You should supply your own mask, but if you do not have one, your instructor will supply you with one.
- You will need to sanitise your hands again when entering the vehicle.
- All items, such as mobile phones and house keys will have to stay on you and not left on the dashboard etc.. Large bags will have to go in the boot.
- You are not allowed to bring anyone to sit in on your lesson.
- Car windows will be kept open partially to aid air circulation.
- We will not hand shake, share visual aids, etc..
- If I have to use the controls of the car during lesson, you may be asked to stop at a safe place so that controls can be re-sanitized.